Skip to main content

Loeyeol's 2017 Fanmeeting Goods Review

Infinite recently (and by recently I mean back in March of 2017) had their 3rd fanmeeting, thus lots of fansites decided to open slogan supports so fans can wave around a slogan inside the concert hall while cheering on their biases. I decided to open quite of few of these fanmeeting supports, 12 total I think? I usually only open GOs if I want to buy the goods myself too, but since many people requested that I open some, I decided to follow through and thought that if I consolidated the goods into 1 package, everyone would be saving on EMS.

While that was certainly the intention, unfortunately this Loeyeol fanmeeting set missed out on that deadline. I've opened GOs for Loeyeol before, but it was this support that made me not want to open any more for her, hence the reason why I passed up on doing her birthday support for this year.

A quick review on the fansite before I get to the actual goods: unprofessional. Although I had informed Loeyeol of the number of goods that were ordered, apparently she didn't set them aside and sold a good portion of the goods that were supposed to be for USA Inspirits, meaning that I had to go back and individually inform the participants that no, even though they paid for their goods, they would not be receiving them because Loeyeol overlooked the USA for some reason. Fortunately I had not sent Loeyeol the funds yet, because that would have been another fiasco.

Another problem that I ran into with Loeyoel were the deadlines. Many countries received their goods within the month of the fanmeeting ending, but lo and behold, I received the package just now, in July-almost-August. Loeyeol would not respond to DMs even though she'd clearly either be attending schedules or promoting other supports that she was doing.

ANOTHER thing that drove me up the wall was the EMS price that she was asking for. While I'm sure that fansites don't try to profit from EMS, the EMS rate was so high that I asked for it to be sent to my Korean address in hopes that I can consolidate it into another package with another one of my supports. When Korgou sent over the goods, using EMS as well, the price was about half of what Loeyeol was asking for? So either Loeyeol was trying to get some extra $$$ from USA fans, after already being negligent towards the supporters, or there was a clerical error because there's no way that EMS would've been that expensive. Please, I've opened photobook supports in which people paid less EMS than what they would have for some cloth slogans.

Regardless!
Onto the goods that I've been patiently waiting for since March :)

I ordered the $20 Slogan set, and the slogan is pictured below.
The slogan itself is made of cloth and is 60cm*20cm, which is pretty standard of cloth slogans. The back features the hangul characters of "Lee Sung Yeol" in holographic lettering. While I am a fan of the whole pink and pastel aesthetic, I wish that the picture of Sungyeol used wasn't as washed out as it came out to be. It's also not too representative of what he actually looks like, but slogans are my favorite things to get so I guess that's why I chose to buy this.


Pictured below is the mini banner with the 2 fans. I do admit, the true colors of the fans did not come out well underneath my artificial it-was-10pm-when-I-took-these-photos lamp lighting. These fans might become some of my favorite Sungyeol fansthe  just because of how rich the colors are. The mini banner is wider than most of the Infinite mini banners I've seen before and features Sungyeol in  a cute winter coat.



I do have to compliment Loeyeol on the quality of these goods though. Both of these A4 posters are made of a bright, glossy kind of paper that feels as if it resists fingerprints for the most part. The texture also makes the poster hard to tear even if you use tape to display them.


This poster is about 4x the size of an A4 poster and is made of the same glossy material. The editing on this photo is superb as the contrast between Sungyeol's outfit and the dark outfit provides for a very pretty visual, without washing him out too. I was pleasantly surprised about the inclusion of this poster, but when I looked back at the description of the goods, it looks like Loeyeol swapped out the L file for this poster.


Pictured below is a set of 3 photocards edited to look like a screencap from a Mario game, the anti electronic wave sticker, and a 6pg A4 2015 Airport photobook that Loeyeol included. Not sure if something like this was thrown into every set (as I only opened my own for this review), if it was put in as a consolation for the lateness, or if Loeyeol was just trying to clear some stock. Regardless, I find the photobook cute! I remember seeing previews for a lot of the dates that Loeyeol featured in the photobook, so it makes it a little more sentimental. It's not shown too well here, but the picture on the left is a pretty good shot of Sungyeol's cute little undereye wrinkles (let me fangirl and unironically say that Sungyeol is my third bias and was my bias wrecker until I saw Lee Sungjong and that I find him really cute all the time.)
Photocards are my favorite things (well, let's say that it's 1. slogans 2. posters 3. photocards in terms of my favorite things to get in supports, but I'm running out of wall room and photocards just go in my pretty photocard binder so) to get in supports, so I was a little disappointed with the quantity.


These postcards are definitely gorgeous and probably depict Sungyeol in the "prettiest" way. The photos are from different eras as well. I think I see 2014/2015/2017 pictures used? The top right picture is really nicely edited while the top middle photo will always be an Iconic look for him. And I really like the bottom right photo because of the contrast and of how sleek he looks.



Final Ratings and Thoughts:

Quantity of Goods (in regards to price paid): 5/10
While most of the goods were certainly pretty, I wouldn't have spent the money that I did on this set had I known that the inclusions would be this little. One of the few plus sides was the giant sized poster which makes up for some of it though. It felt a little lacking and I'm a little disappointed, especially since I've opened GOs for other Sungyeol fansites that really go above and beyond generosity.

Quality of Goods (in regards to price paid): 7/10
The posters are of a super high quality that I'm not used to seeing in support posters. Yes, all of the pictures are well edited, but I didn't really like some of the photos used. But it is quite obvious that Loeyeol uses a really expensive camera in order to get pictures that HD. None of the pictures came out grainy or distorted in anyway, which is still a problem with some Infinite fansites.

Overall: 6/10
I'm not too big of a fan of Loeyeol's photos (my favorites are Eversince (sobs), Yeolgrina, and Teardrop) in general but I know that the quality of goods tend come out really well. This will probably be my own personal first and last Loeyeol group order, espescially given the problems that I encountered.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astro's Autumn Story (Second Hand)

Since I think I'm pretty caught up with my Infinite collecting for a while (where are you, reasonably-priced "Infinite Only" and "Write..." Woohyun photocards?), I am going to expand into my second bias group, Astro! Even though I got into Astro at the tail end of their Dream pt. 01 promotions, most of the variety shows that I watched and got to know Astro from were recorded during their Autumn Story promotions, for their title track  "Confession ( 고백 )" I only started listening to Astro on Spotify, and since Spotify only has their Spring Up and Winter Dream albums (but as of August 15th, all of their albums are now available! So give them a listen if my constant tweeting has piqued your curiosity at all!),  I never listened to Confession and would only hear it in snippets whenever the MCs would introduce the guests. To start it all off, I think Confession has to be my second favorite Astro title track, right after Baby. The song definitely has a

170625 ~start

Hello! While this was mainly done as an impulse, I'm glad I'm going to follow through with it. I'm @ifntcomeback on Twitter, and as you guys may know, I primarily "work" as a group order manager within the Inspirit fandom! I decided to start this blog up because a) I wanted to work on my professional language skills and b) I wanted to have a cohesive reference page for all of my Group Order posts. What that means is that while the forms and information will all still be made available through Google Forms, I will be posting pictures and reviews on the group order goods here once I receive them! This helps me because I get to visualize what goods (photocards, postcards, stickers) I bought and received before I sort them away into their respective binders/boxes. Many fansites do not watermark their photocards or postcards and if I post a picture of the goods I bought here, at least I can remember what fansite good came with what set and fansite. This helps p