Skip to main content

Joyful Darling's 2016 Birthday Support Review

So in an unprecedented turn of events, one of the girls who joined in my Joyful Darling's 2016 Birthday Support decided that she didn't want to keep majority of the goods and would be leaving them for me.

After talking it out with her, she said "I just wanted Dongwoo to have a good birthday :)" and I swear I have never felt so selfish as a Woohyun stan.

There are nice and supportive fans out there but then there's this girl who joins a birthday project just because she knows that the fansites can afford better gifts for her bias with the money used.

Because she was leaving a good portion of the goods to me (basically everything besdies from the EMW sticker and 2 of the A4 posters), I decided to cover for her domestic shipping cost as a "thank you" and as compensation for her paying for the initial cost of the set plus the EMS, which was decided by weight.

I'm quite thankful, of course, both for her generosity and for the fact that now I actually have more fansite goods to add to my very small Dongwoo collection. The only other Dongwoo group order I joined was my own for Spring Rain's "That Summer Concert 3" set. While I know that there have been repeated complications regarding Spring Rain's failure to send out goods, I threw caution to the wind because I would have been personally picking up the goods from her at the concert venue. Her set back then did not include anything like photocards or polaroids, I don't think?

A quick review on the fansite: JD was very sweet throughout the whole process. She kept me relatively updated in terms of the production of the goods, moreso than other fansites now that I think of it (although it was probably because these were taking so long). I didn't mind that she was attending schedules while ignoring my 1 or 2 DMs since she was keeping us updated through Instagram.

Anyways! Onto the goods (which once again are depicted in shitty lighting because apparently the only time I have to do anything is late at night).

These postcards are quite pretty and while my camera couldn't pick it up, the picture quality of the postcards is superb. All of the photos taken the event on the top right (I can't quite remember the date but it was definitely one of those general concerts in which lots of Kpop acts perform at) seem to be super white washed, even with other fansites, so that would be my only complaint in terms of quality.


The polaroids are definitely my favorite things from this set. The quality is like an actual polaroid photo, in which the center photo is super shiny and prone to fingerprints. Polaroids from other sets that I've gotten (Vavavoom/Honeytree) are made of a different material that's hard to explain, but they felt more like those plastic-y photocards rather than polaroids?
The center photo is so pretty because there's a really nice contrast between Dongwoo's outfit, his skin (which is edited heavily but) and his hair.



These are the fanart postcards, which I think are useless in its intent since I'm just going to put them away into a postcard binder, but I appreciate the thought! They're really cute and I might use one to write a birthday card to one of my IRL best friends who stans double biases with Dongwoo and Sungjong (I swear I didn't nag her into stanning Infinite, it came naturally when she saw me laughing over their Knowing Brothers episode and decided to watch the rest with me).


I am now a proud owner of 12 Dongwoo photocards! Most of the pictures are from 'The Eye' era forward, although I do see 2 'Infinite Effect' era photocards too.
What's really cute is that if you flip the photocards over and order them accordingly, they spell out "Happy Dongwoo" which is a really cute addition considering most fansites just have a blank back.


JD included 3 A4 posters but luckily I got to keep 1 out of the 3. It's a picture of Dongwoo at the airport and I never truly realized how often Dongwoo goes makeup free! I was always conscious of the fact that he was one of the members who was less "high maintenance" in terms of cosmetics but even at official schedules in front of fans, we rarely see him sport eyeshadow.


I believe that this is an A2 sized poster? It's huge and once again, my room's lighting fails me. This photo was taken at the Fanmeeting in March when Dongwoo sported that bright teal color (and I'm pretty sure he only had that hair for like, what, 2 weeks?). The photo quality leaves a little to be desired since his face is a little blurry/out of focus, but the coloring/editing of the poster is wonderful. 


Final Ratings and Thoughts:

Quantity of Goods (in regards to price paid): 8/10
Since I technically didn't "pay" for these goods, I'm thankful for what I have! I know I didn't receive all of the goods, but I had to file through this A set to take photos for the girl so she can pick and choose what she'd like to receive. The A2 poster was an unexpected addition since I usually only receive A2 posters in B sets or higher. Receiving 3 A4 posters (theoretically) was also nice. JD was actually really fair, now that I think of it. We were given a pretty good amount of photos for $10, but I do wish that we got stickers or more EMW stickers.

Quality of Goods (in regards to price paid): 6/10
JD was never my favorite Dongwoo fansite in terms of photo quality (that goes to Spring Rain, even though she has a shitty rep as a fansite), so some of the angles for the photos are weird. She didn't use a lot of "eye-contact" pictures, which I know that lots of fans specifically search for (think Honeytree and Made in L), and the sharpness of some of the photos came out weird too.

Overall: 7/10
I didn't pay for this (like I said multiple times), which meant that I originally didn't have an incentive to buy it. But seeing how things have turned out, maybe I'll treat myself to more Dongwoo goods in the future. Seeing how pretty some of these pictures were (I'm still thinking about how pretty that one polaroid was) makes me wonder how the photobook would've turned out!

I wouldn't mind opening another GO for Joyful Darling, so maybe in the future you can expect to see another form from me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astro's Autumn Story (Second Hand)

Since I think I'm pretty caught up with my Infinite collecting for a while (where are you, reasonably-priced "Infinite Only" and "Write..." Woohyun photocards?), I am going to expand into my second bias group, Astro! Even though I got into Astro at the tail end of their Dream pt. 01 promotions, most of the variety shows that I watched and got to know Astro from were recorded during their Autumn Story promotions, for their title track  "Confession ( 고백 )" I only started listening to Astro on Spotify, and since Spotify only has their Spring Up and Winter Dream albums (but as of August 15th, all of their albums are now available! So give them a listen if my constant tweeting has piqued your curiosity at all!),  I never listened to Confession and would only hear it in snippets whenever the MCs would introduce the guests. To start it all off, I think Confession has to be my second favorite Astro title track, right after Baby. The song definitely has a

170625 ~start

Hello! While this was mainly done as an impulse, I'm glad I'm going to follow through with it. I'm @ifntcomeback on Twitter, and as you guys may know, I primarily "work" as a group order manager within the Inspirit fandom! I decided to start this blog up because a) I wanted to work on my professional language skills and b) I wanted to have a cohesive reference page for all of my Group Order posts. What that means is that while the forms and information will all still be made available through Google Forms, I will be posting pictures and reviews on the group order goods here once I receive them! This helps me because I get to visualize what goods (photocards, postcards, stickers) I bought and received before I sort them away into their respective binders/boxes. Many fansites do not watermark their photocards or postcards and if I post a picture of the goods I bought here, at least I can remember what fansite good came with what set and fansite. This helps p

Loeyeol's 2017 Fanmeeting Goods Review

Infinite recently (and by recently I mean back in March of 2017) had their 3rd fanmeeting, thus lots of fansites decided to open slogan supports so fans can wave around a slogan inside the concert hall while cheering on their biases. I decided to open quite of few of these fanmeeting supports, 12 total I think? I usually only open GOs if I want to buy the goods myself too, but since many people requested that I open some, I decided to follow through and thought that if I consolidated the goods into 1 package, everyone would be saving on EMS. While that was certainly the intention, unfortunately this Loeyeol fanmeeting set missed out on that deadline. I've opened GOs for Loeyeol before, but it was this support that made me not want to open any more for her, hence the reason why I passed up on doing her birthday support for this year. A quick review on the fansite before I get to the actual goods: unprofessional. Although I had informed Loeyeol of the number of goods that were or